Shame

Started by JustKeepTrying, March 17, 2022, 10:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1footouttadefog

So you are there with a post surgery condition thinking about hiking  and I am healthy and I have been not getting any exercise and my fitness is declining.

I am reflecting on your motivation and drive.    So even though you are in the middle of your bed you are cyber kicking others into gear. 

JustKeepTrying

Thank you everyone for your support.  It means a great deal to me.

In my PT I had to stand and move my leg a few inches.  It took me twenty minutes of sweat and incredible concentration to get it to respond.  But every day I worked on it and now it's easy.  So much more hope.  I don't know if I would have been hopeful had I still been married to my ex.  I know I wouldn't have survived pandemic. 

But here I am .   And I will live and life will be and is good.

FYI, pt says in a month I will be walking with a cane!!!

square

That is huge news!

A lot of people don't take their PT seriously - even those with a lot to lose by doing so (such as the ability to walk). With your focus and determination, which leaps off the page, you'll be getting the absolute max results, and it couldn't happen to a better person.

BeautifulCrazy

Quote from: JustKeepTrying on April 16, 2022, 08:08:10 PM
It took me twenty minutes of sweat and incredible concentration to get it to respond.  But every day I worked on it and now it's easy.

Pure badassery right there!

SonofThunder

Quote from: BeautifulCrazy on April 16, 2022, 10:14:32 PM
Quote from: JustKeepTrying on April 16, 2022, 08:08:10 PM
It took me twenty minutes of sweat and incredible concentration to get it to respond.  But every day I worked on it and now it's easy.

Pure badassery right there!
+1 :yeahthat: 

If the cane handle is truly needed for you to support body weight in PT conditioning, then how about considering a custom carved wood cane that you are proud to own for the rest of your life.  After the remainder of a long life of travel and hiking, you may need to simply age back into a cane.  I suggest a well made, beautiful, strong carved wood cane with a specific bird shaped handle for encouragement and a constant life-long reminder of your badassery. 

Yes, the very well made and beautifully carved canes are expensive, but I personally am going to own one and grow old into that cane, as symbolism that I am victorious. 

Certain birds are symbolic: 

Crane/Heron:  Peace, blessings, good luck
Eagle: Courage, rebirth, power
Hummingbird: Joy, love, healing
Falcon: Longevity, Victory, Nobility
Crow: Transformation, change, adaptation
Bluebird: Joy, honesty, harmony

At the same time, potentially start shopping around now for a symbolic hiking stick as well.  So when your badass cane takes a breather while you use your badassery hiking stick all over the country, that cane awaits a time in your life once again, when you will hold onto its handle for another reason, in victory of a strong life, well lived. 

For example (carved canes).  *If you potentially use the Pinterest app, there are many examples of fine, strong, bird carved canes. 

www.raifkillips.com

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

JustKeepTrying

Oh my SOT,  that is a lovely idea!  Thank you for the time and effort it took to compose your post.  Those are such lovely and uplifting ideas!

SonofThunder

Quote from: JustKeepTrying on April 17, 2022, 03:16:17 PM
Oh my SOT,  that is a lovely idea!  Thank you for the time and effort it took to compose your post.  Those are such lovely and uplifting ideas!
JKT, you are surely welcome.  My thoughts and prayers for you in continued healing, victory and life adventure.

SoT
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

JustKeepTrying

Health Update - I walked without assistance today.  Just a few wobbly week baby like steps but I did it! 

I ordered a hiking stick but my canes are actually designed to cup around my upper arm.  I will be using those until I can get the all the muscles firing again.  I am looking at cool canes though for later.  Such a good idea!

Boat Babe

It gets better. It has to.

square

SonofThunder

Quote from: JustKeepTrying on April 23, 2022, 10:02:25 AM
Health Update - I walked without assistance today.  Just a few wobbly week baby like steps but I did it! 

I ordered a hiking stick but my canes are actually designed to cup around my upper arm.  I will be using those until I can get the all the muscles firing again.  I am looking at cool canes though for later.  Such a good idea!

Congrats on that no-assistance walking!! 🤛🏼😃. Looking forward to the hiking stick description as well. If wood, then tree species, stain color, carvings?  If other material, please describe.  Such great news all around!

SoT