Ah, the irony.

Started by Associate of Daniel, November 04, 2022, 04:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

I don't want to be someone who gloats so I'm not going to say anything to my Real Life friends or family about this.  But I just have to say something... so you lovely folk are my only audience.

Since Covid began, uNPD exH has been paranoid about it.  Twice I've had to get my lawyer involved to make him follow court orders regarding our ds15's time with me, because uNPD exH doesn't trust me to follow government and health officials' advice and orders.

Initially he was demanding that I inform him of what precautions I was taking and who I'd spent time with, where I'd been etc. 

Later it became the demands for me to do daily RAT tests and provide photographic proof of each negative result in the lead up to ds spending time with me each fortnight, and for me to forward (confidential) work notifications of positive case numbers at each of my (then) 6 workplaces.

All through, if I became ill, he demanded I do a PCR test and forward the results to him.

On top of if ds became ill while in my care, the demands to have him officially tested, demands to know what treatment, food, etc I've have been giving ds.

Never once has he provided me with any of what he demanded.  And never once have I asked the same of him.

Well... guess who's just tested positive?  Hint:  it isn't me. And it isn't ds15.

AOD

Call Me Cordelia

How utterly obnoxious. His worry over Covid is a daily intrusion into your life?!?

But really, you did all those things and he still got sick, demonstrably not from you. It's clear we cannot control everything and it's just disordered to try. Does your ex have OCPD? Because this seems classic. His unhealthy anxiety about external factors gets dumped on other people to make him comfortable. Or else he just wants to give you a hard time and this is an easy way to do that.

Whatever the reason, I think you are 1000% justified to match his past efforts to protect you from his exposures going forward.

hhaw

Your ex should now have to jump thru all the hoops he forced you to jump thru, AOD.  Surely, he'll understand.
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Rose1

PCR tests every second day just to make sure

SonofThunder

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on November 04, 2022, 04:08:17 AM
I don't want to be someone who gloats so I'm not going to say anything to my Real Life friends or family about this.  But I just have to say something... so you lovely folk are my only audience.

Since Covid began, uNPD exH has been paranoid about it.  Twice I've had to get my lawyer involved to make him follow court orders regarding our ds15's time with me, because uNPD exH doesn't trust me to follow government and health officials' advice and orders.

Initially he was demanding that I inform him of what precautions I was taking and who I'd spent time with, where I'd been etc. 

Later it became the demands for me to do daily RAT tests and provide photographic proof of each negative result in the lead up to ds spending time with me each fortnight, and for me to forward (confidential) work notifications of positive case numbers at each of my (then) 6 workplaces.

All through, if I became ill, he demanded I do a PCR test and forward the results to him.

On top of if ds became ill while in my care, the demands to have him officially tested, demands to know what treatment, food, etc I've have been giving ds.

Never once has he provided me with any of what he demanded.  And never once have I asked the same of him.

Well... guess who's just tested positive?  Hint:  it isn't me. And it isn't ds15.

AOD

Lol!! 🤣.  LOVVVVE IT!!   My gosh, the CRAP these people dump on others wherever/whenever control allows! When that hypocrisy circles around and bites them in the a$$,  its SO great.  Thanks for sharing AOD! 

Maybe there's a mask that has the word 'irony' printed on the front, that you may passive aggressively wear in his sight.  🤔

SoT

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Associate of Daniel

Update:

Ds15 has been sent back to my place and is currently taking public transport back to my place for the remainder of the weekend.

So... yeah.  I'm not sure what to make of that.

But hey.  I'm not complaining.

AOD

SonofThunder

Enjoy the visit with your Ds15! 

SoT
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

hhaw

Well, the ex must know how terrible the optics are to expose ds to what ex has portrayed as a deadly disease the ex had to protect ds from where you're concerned ONLY. 

Snot, fever, aches and the desperately obvious hand of karma are leaving marks and egg on ex's face this week.

Keeping ds away from you, in INSIDE the plague house,would be terrible optics, me'thinks.

What are you and ds planning to do with your unexpected time together?
hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

Associate of Daniel

The reasoning  UNPD exH used for sending ds15 back to me was that he (ds) needs to start confronting his fear about Covid!!!!

Ds has no more fear than most of us average Joes.  If he did he wouldn't be catching public transport, wouldn't be having a friend over at my place every fortnight for a sleepover, would be wearing masks and socially distancing and wouldn't be going to shopping centres.

Classic projection on UNPD exH's part.  He is the one who's paranoid about it.

Anyway, ds15 and I have had a lovely weekend together.  Worked side by side in the garden, cooked meals together, discussed his latest musical compositions and a new computer game he's excited about, sang daggy songs.

I'm truly blessed.  He is such a wonderful young man.

AOD

SonofThunder

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on November 06, 2022, 07:02:53 AM
The reasoning  UNPD exH used for sending ds15 back to me was that he (ds) needs to start confronting his fear about Covid!!!!

Ds has no more fear than most of us average Joes.  If he did he wouldn't be catching public transport, wouldn't be having a friend over at my place every fortnight for a sleepover, would be wearing masks and socially distancing and wouldn't be going to shopping centres.

Classic projection on UNPD exH's part.  He is the one who's paranoid about it.

Anyway, ds15 and I have had a lovely weekend together.  Worked side by side in the garden, cooked meals together, discussed his latest musical compositions and a new computer game he's excited about, sang daggy songs.

I'm truly blessed.  He is such a wonderful young man.

AOD
:like:

Its such a satisfying feeling when we 'get it'.  I must admit, its a satisfying feeling for me to be here at Out of the FOG around my friends who 'get it'.  Education, awareness, confirmation and camaraderie create such a firm foundation. 

So glad you had a wonderful weekend AOD. Wishing you many more! 

SoT

Associate of Daniel

Ds15 informed me today that I'm the only one in his family who hasn't had Covid.

Apparently his UNPD smother had it after he did near the start of the year.

Apparently UNPD exH's demands for me to inform him of any time I've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid, doesn't go both ways.  And I live on my own!!!!

Sigh.

I'm actually very surprised that I haven't got it yet, given the nature of my work, and having nursed my son through it.

I must have a higher immunity I guess.

I'm not complaining!

AOD

Associate of Daniel

So now... I have Covid.

Ds is supposed to come to my place for the weekend as per court orders.  I informed uNPD exH on the morning I tested positive and asked him if he was ok with ds staying with him for the weekend.

Crickets.

I've sent a follow up email today as ds is supposed to be coming this evening.

Crickets.

So, I'm assuming uNPD exH has changed his mind and is now ok with ds coming to my place while I have Covid.

He has in recent weeks stated that we will be sticking to court orders because I'm refusing to have a conversation with him about our ignoring each other when we are at events for ds.  Somehow, in his mind the 2 are connected.

So I'm guessing that he's trying to find a way to stick to his rule of abiding by the court orders but trying to cover his paranoia about Covid.  He's apparently willing to put his son in "danger" in order to not make himself look ridiculous.

Actually, he'll probably shortly sent me an email with a list of demands as to how I should manage the house and myself while ds is with me.

Who knows?

AOD

Call Me Cordelia

Who knows indeed. How are you feeling? I hope your illness is mild and over quickly!

Two more years. It sure would be nice to know what the plan is. :stars: But it's evident you aren't going anywhere this weekend, so if DS comes you'll be there for him like you always have.

hhaw

My kids don't get Covid when I have it in same house and I don't when they have it.

I hope you recover soon, AOD.
hhaw

Nietchzsche

Eleanor Roosevelt

SonofThunder

Hope you feel better AoD!   The hypocrisy of PD's is such an adolescent game that never ends.  Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

SoT

Associate of Daniel

Thanks, folks.

I finally received a one word response ("yes") from uNPD exH roughly 4 hours after ds was supposed to be with me.

So thankfully ds has been allowed to stay out of harm's way this weekend while I recover.

I missed his 16th birthday though! :'(

I'm going ok, I guess.  Over the worst but now insanely tired.  For some reason I'm craving ice cream.  It's like I'm pregnant again!!!  But thankfully there is no possibility of that being the case.

AOD

SonofThunder

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on December 04, 2022, 03:33:43 AM
Thanks, folks.

I finally received a one word response ("yes") from uNPD exH roughly 4 hours after ds was supposed to be with me.

So thankfully ds has been allowed to stay out of harm's way this weekend while I recover.

I missed his 16th birthday though! :'(

I'm going ok, I guess.  Over the worst but now insanely tired.  For some reason I'm craving ice cream.  It's like I'm pregnant again!!!  But thankfully there is no possibility of that being the case.

AOD

AoD,

Glad to read you are over the worst!  Sorry you are experiencing the tiredness.  So hopefully you are enjoying some ice cream!  If yes, what is the fave flavor of choice? Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

SoT