Insights

Started by StartingHealing, March 20, 2023, 10:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

Top of the day to all y'all,

Had some insights, some epiphanies as it were over this last couple of weeks and I thought that I would share in the hopes that others can benefit.

Backstory:   It's been almost 9 months of NC.   Divorce still not complete.  Going to court for that on 18 May 2023.

One of the first things is being creative, find something that is enjoyable and creative and do it.  I've picked up photography and for me it's nice because it pulls me into the moment.  I'm not attempting to be a professional at it, it's me attempting to get images that are interesting.  Using the camera on the mobile, have a small digital camera, and I decided to take a step into the past and am using 35mm film cameras as well.   I've found that photography has helped me with staying present as well.  Even when I'm not looking to get an image  ;D

IDK if this next is due to the time away from that PD, or if it came about because of being present in the moment more often, but I have realized that there are many small behaviors I do that were automatic that had come about because of the xwPD.   These could be labeled habitual I guess.  The important part is that now, in my daily experience, I'm not only aware of where they came from but also if they are serving me or not.   

More evidence of my path towards wellness. 

Wishing all here peace

SonofThunder

Hello StartingHealing,

Thanks for providing your optimistic update and so happy to read you are continuing to do well and are strong.  Love that you have regained your love of photography. I believe your end-to-end mindfulness approach to understanding yourself is fantastic.  All the best to you as you proceed forward in your life. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.