Negativity toward me

Started by Solong, April 16, 2023, 10:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solong

Just wanted to post to get something off of my chest. I went on a vacation with my sister and her two adult nieces. I realized that some member's of my sister's family carry negativity toward me. My one niece was talking negatively about her other aunt (my brother's wife) and it stopped my in my tracks. Of course, she is talking about me behind my back as well, I'd assume.

I then observed this same niece exhibit considerably anti-social behavior toward her sister while drunk, including smiling and using manipulative tactics while her sister was crying and in pain.

Needless to say, I was in shock and it was a real eye opener! That family has clique-ish and I've felt an us/them energy toward the rest of the family. This weekend allowed me to see these undesirable behaviors in them and let go of the need to need anything from them, including my sister. It felt amazing!

Both of my parents passed away in 2021, taking a boat load of negativity with them and my life has felt so much lighter with them gone, truly. This weekend I also released my sister, her husband and this niece. In the past these kinds of "releases" felt superficial, in that, I would say such things but in my heart would still be desiring to be close. This is different. It is evident that being close to these people would only bring me down. What a relief and empowering realization!

Had to share in a space that would understand it! Thanks for listening.
You do know.

walking on broken glass

Thanks for sharing that! It must be so liberating having that feeling; after a cycle of hoping, yearning, being disappointed etc. finally deciding to let go. Sounds really healthy!  :applause:

SonofThunder

Quote from: walking on broken glass on April 16, 2023, 01:52:35 PM
Thanks for sharing that! It must be so liberating having that feeling; after a cycle of hoping, yearning, being disappointed etc. finally deciding to let go. Sounds really healthy!  :applause:

+1   :yeahthat:

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Big Bear

Quote from: Solong on April 16, 2023, 10:30:26 AM
This weekend allowed me to see these undesirable behaviors in them and let go of the need to need anything from them, including my sister. It felt amazing!

:like:

Solong,

I am so happy to hear about this victory for you!   :D  I like your statement, "let go of the need to need anything from them".  This sounds like the goal that so many of us are gradually working towards.  It also sounds like true freedom.  Freedom from gossip, freedom from backstabbing, freedom from so many hurtful words and actions.   :applause: :applause:

I am working towards the goal of letting go of the need to need anything from my toxic family members!  Hoping all the best for you on your journey!   :)

Take Care
Big Bear