Logging out

Started by feralcat, July 05, 2023, 07:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feralcat

Hi. It's probably me, duh, but I seem to be permanently signed in now. I'd prefer to log in and out, just in case . How do I escape ?

bloomie

Hi feralcat - at the log in screen under your user name and password you will see an option that says "Time to log in" and you can choose "forever" from that menu.

One caution with staying logged in permanently is if others would have access to your device and then to your account and activity here. Just something to think through.

Have a fabulous day!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

feralcat

Thanks. It is actually logging out I want to do ! I think that when I logged in last time under the new site format the automatic setting was ' forever' - but I ignored it as I thought I'd still be able to log out as usual by clicking on my icon. But I can't. The help section says click top left/ main menu, but that does nothing. Is it because I'm using an old iPad ?
Now I'm feeling twitchy.

moglow

Don't feel twitchy! Click on your profile pic, log out is bottom of that drop down menu. Next time you log in, you can change the time on the log in screen. I think it does default to forever, you may have to change to your preferred option each visit.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

feralcat

Thank you. There's no drop down menu. .i think it's the iPad. It's too old. I'm also having problems with another website I'm subscribed to. I'll try going in using my android phone and see if that's different. Or else I'll just have to be careful. Luckily (?) my family don't think roads work in two directions so it's extremely unlikely they'll see this. So it's not a biggie

bloomie

So helpful to have that handy little option a couple of places!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.