A reminder of safety

Started by PlantFlowersNotWeeds, August 12, 2023, 09:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlantFlowersNotWeeds

I was listening to a podcast recently and I was reminded about how important it is to regard our own safety.

My exPD was physically intimidating and made contact once; verbally abusive way too often.  This is the first time ever that I have shared that he hurt me physically.  The power of the fog and our minds.  I've never even told my therapist and I've been seeing her for 5 years.  WOW.  It was so deep in my mind and I never wanted to admit it.

The podcast reminded me of the dangers during separation, divorce, and even after with someone that is unstable, has a mood disorder, PD, whatever....  Do I think he'll ever hurt me again?   No.  Is it a possibility - well, I can't say that it isn't possible.  I don't live in fear, but would I let him in my apartment - that's a hard NO.

So, no contact is important in my life for many many reasons...peace of mind, no drama, no negativity, and perhaps even my safety.

I wanted to share this to remind others to be safe - there are other posts with good suggestions regarding domestic abuse.

escapingman

uNPDxw attacked me physically quite a few times, most times I could easily defend myself as I am much bigger. But she did attack me once when driving which could have ended in disaster, its not easy to drive a car whilst someone is assaulting you. Another time she stopped herself just before throwing boiling water in my face, I am still wondering what would have happened had she not stopped herself as I most like would have ended up in A&E - this was before being out of the fig completely.

So yes completely agree with you, they are dangerous and unpredictable of when they take a step they hasn't taken before.

Stay safe, keep them away.

PlantFlowersNotWeeds

I am planning on sharing because it's a safe place to say the words out loud, which I need to do.
It really is amazing how the mind can just take an experience, put it in a box, and shove it to the side.