Wellllll damn.

Started by StartingHealing, September 08, 2023, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

Hello to all the brave souls here. Have a mini rant / getting some stuff expressed.

Got a huge lesson on things yesterday. Even with an agreement in place to sell the property that was brokered by the court, there are other things that the exBPD will have to sign in order for the lawful sale to happen.

This triggered me. Because of the thought that she could refuse to sign any of the 3 documents and jack things up. AGAIN. I also found out that bankruptcy does not negate the existing mortgage. Best case is to put the mortgage on pause from filing date till conclusion.   

Yeah, the rapid heartbeat, cognition module went wacky for a while,  all the standard signs of being triggered by her / possible action by her.  Like WTF?   As I once heard "I am ready to be ready to be clear of all this S_it"

Annnndddd my lawyer doesn't know about the legal requirements that the title company has to go by.  Until I see him today. 

sigh.

On the other side of things, did get good news that I've been approved for a mortgage.  At least now that option is open to me.  That has been a PITA journey in and of itself. 

Mixed bag and judas priest, what a rollercoaster.  I'm thinking I would enjoy not having that.

Wishing all here, all the best

square

Here you are just trying to walk the path and she's wrapping strands of thread around your ankles just to trip you up. For no gain, really. Obstruction is really frustrating. Keep on carrying on.

SonofThunder

Quote from: square on September 08, 2023, 03:37:23 PMHere you are just trying to walk the path and she's wrapping strands of thread around your ankles just to trip you up. For no gain, really. Obstruction is really frustrating. Keep on carrying on.

:yeahthat: Congrats on the mortgage approval.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

StartingHealing

square,

Oh how the worm turns.  Received a call from an unknown number yesterday allowed it to go to voice mail and wouldn't you know that it was from a skip tracing / collateral recovery agency.  Something about a Harley Davidson. Then a month or so ago there was a call that didn't leave a message in voice mail and when I looked that number up it was from a collections agency that specializes in credit cards.

Got a cash offer on the house, paperwork in to her attorney.  Lets see if she bites.

I'm also attorney less at this time.  He told me privately that my divorce rocked him something fierce, he was starting to question his ethics.  I did warn him multiple times that she was a high conflict person.

StartingHealing

SonofThunder,

I backed off the mortgage.  Reason being is that if she does bite on the cash offer the equity split won't be enough for the bank to fund the loan.

At this time:  Freedom from her and enough seed money to start my next chapter.  That's my target.

SonofThunder

Thanks for the understanding update. Wishing you the goals you desire.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.