Replying to another poster's reply

Started by veritas, September 24, 2020, 10:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veritas

Today I have a rare day of uninterrupted time so that explains my barrage of posts and replies today, lol sorry. I wanted to ask how do you reply to someone else's reply so that the message appears a level below that comment and not as a reply to the whole original post. Thanks, I will get the hang of this some day  :cool2:

xredshoesx

simple machines (the platform we use) isn't that advanced yet with the tagging of members in posts/ ability to nest responses.  the work around for this is to use the insert quote feature.  once you start responding to a post, you can scroll down through any of the prior posts in the thread and hit that 'insert quote' button on the right hand corner of any of the posts to pop it into your post.   hope this helps. 

Quote from: veritas on September 24, 2020, 10:51:53 PM
Today I have a rare day of uninterrupted time so that explains my barrage of posts and replies today, lol sorry. I wanted to ask how do you reply to someone else's reply so that the message appears a level below that comment and not as a reply to the whole original post. Thanks, I will get the hang of this some day  :cool2:

Spring Butterfly

Each thread focuses on the opening poster and their concern or issue or whatever they might need support with. replying to another post within the thread and bringing it off topic with the focus to another person is considered hijacking and not something we encourage. You can however quote other peoples message within your thread using the quote function as long as the topic stays focused overall on supporting the opening poster.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

Spring Butterfly

Also there is an icon at the board level where you see the list of threads. It looks like a little megaphone and if you tap that it will give you the option to be notified for every single new thread created in that board. Is that what you're looking for something like that?
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing