DH put it back in her court. yay!

Started by Pepin, December 02, 2020, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepin

My husband made a tiny stride the other day.   :cheer:

He decided to tell PDmil that she needed to be responsible for a financial snafu between her and DH's sister (SIL) rather than leaving it to him to clean up after PDmil is gone.  PDmil for years has been avoiding this...and by leaving it for DH to do since he has POA and is executor of her will, it would create more divisiveness between DH and his sister.  When PDmil passes, there likely will be pushback from SIL regarding distribution of the estate -- but, she has no leg to stand on since PDmil was all of sound mind when the Trust was created years ago and everything has been documented. 

I am happy that DH spoke up to his mother.  She needs to be responsible for her own messes for a change.  I think that DH being the GC has created a lot of tension amongst him and his siblings.  In my opinion they don't have a close relationship with each other....which I feel is sad.  But, PDs want it that way.  (My N father tried the same but we turned the tables on him and gave him the boot.)

As the GC, DH actually has a lot of leverage with his mother.  I can't really think of anything that she could do against him because she relies so heavily on him...I'm telling you guys, when PDmil eventually passes it is going to be massive exhale.     

SunnyMeadow

That's a big deal, good job to your dh!  :applause: :yes:

They absolutely need to be responsible for their own messes but are eager to leave it to others. I don't get it but it seems to be a common trait.