Article : Narcissists live in a fantasy world

Started by treesgrowslowly, January 15, 2021, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treesgrowslowly

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/5-types-people-who-can-ruin-your-life/202008/5-common-grievances-narcissists

I like this article...especially the line "narcissists tend to live in a fantasy world that keeps getting disrupted by reality."

That darn reality! Always causing them such inconveniences.

In the recovery process I think it is valuable to note that we ourselves will feel these sorts of frustrations with reality too...and we may wonder during our recovery - am I am narc too? We wonder if and when feeling aggrieved is normal.

Doubting our own right to feel these things probably means we have been gaslit by a narc for a long time.

Trees

Sapling

Thank you for posting this article Trees! This made me feel sane again. I have had all of these complaints leveled against me, and its funny to see how predictable and empty they are :blahblahblah:

treesgrowslowly

Right on Sapling. This sort of article makes me feel sane too!!

Sometimes i feel like those of us who have come Out of the FOG are now walking at a bit of a different angle to the sun and then we question ourselves because so much input around us tells us we are this or that...

really...isn't what people do most of the time is determine if the other person is more like them or less like them.

Do they like us for who we are? Its not even on their minds! Its just unfortunate we can't see the thoughts they are having because wow that sure would tell is a lot about what they actually think about themselves.

The more I grow the more I see a narcissist as the ultimate unreliable narrator to consult about my life.

I think I can even sense it now when I've interrupted their fantasy with my reality.

Trees