Need advice / should I share with BPD sister or can of worms?

Started by marymackblack, April 05, 2021, 07:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marymackblack

If any of you have been following my situation, I just moved my mom w dementia into a home back in the Midwest.  Sister tried to sabotage my efforts on and off throughout the move. (We both live out of state  from mom in different states)  I'm POA.  The online estate sale for entire content of mom's home starts tomorrow. I feel I *should* send her the link and let her know it's happening. But I fear she will see it and get triggered.. possibly want things to be pulled from the auction (too late) or get upset with the company I choose, etc. And if I don't send it and she finds out it happened, she will accuse me of hiding it from her.
I'm practicing Grey Rock pretty successfully these past 2 weeks, she continues to send dramatic texts and I only respond to the ones that are absolutely necessary with 2 word short answers.
Rock and  a hard place!

LOLmylife

She's going to likely be bothered no matter what you do, so I say don't tell her or you can give her a heads up after the auction has begun.
It's just a matter of what flavor drama you're willing to best manage in my opinion. Your mother made you POA for a reason.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I wish you well in however you resolve to handle it