Sometimes coparenting works well

Started by Poison Ivy, December 20, 2021, 12:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Ivy

I sometimes complain about my ex-husband on this forum. But right now, he is engaged in great coparenting: On short notice, he drove 1,000 miles to pick up our adult daughters and bring them back to our home state for the holidays. One daughter had a health crisis late last week, and the other daughter flew to be with her. I'm very grateful that in this emergency, my ex stepped up and is being very useful.

Kat54

It does feel good when there is good cooperation and being helpful when it comes to your children.

In the past it made me hopeful the relationship with my ex and I would improve. Though I have to always remind myself his kindness is usually fake toward me but that's ok as long as our kids are seeing cooperation and that we can get along for a short period of time.

Latchkey

Thanks for this Poison Ivy. It is good to have some place to also post when things are going well. For the most part things go well with my exN/ASPDH2 when it comes to co-parenting. I don't post here much anymore because of that. What is good to remember too is that you have laid the groundwork to make it so he can be a good co-parent and not the other way around. You've also done everything to be ready for when things fall apart. Hoping the best for you and your family over the holidays...
:bighug:
What is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver
-
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

Kat54

It does make you hopeful relations with the ex can improve when there is parental cooperation.

For my ex and I we rarely talk but when I'm in town and I want to stop by and see my daughter he finally now answers my text or calls as I don't like popping in. And the last couple times I saw him he was actually pleasant to talk with. We talk usually about the kids and it's been all fine I'm happy to say.

Poison Ivy

My ex is at my house now; he'll be driving one of our children back home in a few days. I can stand having him here because we're cooperating as parents, but I have no desire to be married to him again.