Still healing 2

Started by Gettintired76, April 27, 2022, 01:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

Is not even licensed for family law

Poison Ivy

That's interesting. In my state, lawyers aren't licensed for specific specialties, so any lawyer licensed in the state can practice any kind of law. (I'm not saying that experience in specific areas is irrelevant; it can be very relevant.)

Gettintired76

Here they are licensed for specific areas, example a traffic law attorney has no idea what hes up against in a family law case. Whats worriesome for me is that his law partner is representing the State as GAL

Poison Ivy

The GAL typically represents the interests of an individual or individuals. In this situation, the GAL probably is representing the interests of your children.

Here is an example: "The GAL acts as an investigator for the court. The GAL investigates all aspects of the case, writes a report about his or her findings, and also gives recommendations to the court as to what should happen to the child. The GAL works in the best interests of the child. The investigation is very in-depth. The GAL talks to you, your child, and people who know what type of relationship you have with your child. The GAL also looks at various documents and information that helps them with their investigation and recommendations."

Gettintired76

Yeah i know what a GAL is my daughter has had one since January when all of this stuff started against her mother

Gettintired76

The GAL in my exes county had no idea what she was doing.

Call Me Cordelia

Thread locked for length.