New year new me 3

Started by Gettintired76, February 22, 2022, 02:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gettintired76

escapingman

You are doing great! I am not writing much in your thread but I am following you. As you wrote in mine, our PD's looks a bit similar. I really hope you get this and get custody, I am rooting for you!

Gettintired76

I dunno man I keep getting shafted, the attorney I thought did pro bono wont take it without pay, which I don't mind I can pay him but he's telling me get an attorney in her county, and I can't get ahold of the GAL now, and I'm scared to death my ex is going to be gone before the next hearing (she has already boasted about moving to another state in March.) A court order won't stop her, it will just make her run faster, and I'm being kept out of everything. It's maddening.

square

Do you have that boast (about moving) in text?

If so, CPS and the GAL may be inclined to escalate, including taking physical custody rather than waiting.

You say you can't reach the GAL, I assume you've left a message. Did the message include this information?

Gettintired76

She finally called me back, it was an enlightening conversation, it seems that CPS in my county is not looking for my ex but her sister, the GAL said she couldn't tell me why because it was "confidential". But she was surprised to hear ( even though I left her a message three weeks ago saying the same) that my ex plans to leave the state, her reply was "she can't do that with a court order in place like this". I explained that the woman doesn't care about logic or court orders, just what she wants. Also even though they took my daughter (legally) they have filed a petition for neglect yet, it's a Juvenile Delinquent case.

Gettintired76

No I have no texts stating she is moving, her BIL told me in Nov. my son verified in person a couple weeks later then she verified and told what region in that state they were moving to in Dec.

square

Well. I am quite disappointed - and quite a bit confused - to hear it's not your ex CPS is looking at.

Gettintired76

They looking at her in her home county but in mine the GAL claims it is her sister named in the case but the letter clearly states my ex's name as who they were try to find.

Gettintired76

So I spoke to the custody advocate today, and we'll she said the situation going on in my ex's home county has more holes then a block of Swiss. And basically it is imperative I get a lawyer involved which I have it's just about paying him. She too does not understand why a lawyer has not been put in place already, that even with an mdp the parents should have council available. Nor does she understand why I'm being kept out of the loop and the child sent directly into the states custody.

Gettintired76

I'm going insane time is ticking, I've been sick with possible Covid for a damn week, and am having to wait for payday to even consult with a lawyer.  Maddening

square

Maddening indeed, I'm sorry. :( I hope you heal completely and soon, and may payday hurry up.

Gettintired76

Wish me luck y'all go to see a new Attorney tomorrow after work, hope he will help me.

square

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

escapingman

Good luck, hope it all goes well!

Gettintired76

Ok it went really well, freaked me out a little at how much I actually have to do but he was really optimistic about us winning. He was steamrolled about what was going on in her county am I. He is so hired and this express is moving.

square

Gettintired76

Yep I just gotta figure out the $4200 retainer cause my refund may very well not arrive til July

Gettintired76

I am going to her County and filing the paperwork friday

Gettintired76

Ok so I went Friday to file and was turned away, I can't believe the school board in her county doesn't keep school records, but it's funny, she's been talking my ear off since Thursday. She ended up giving me her address, so I am going to go file tomorrow, she still claims( and showed me seemingly text message proof) that the caseworker does have an investigation going against myself and my sister, she suggested we go together to sue or whatever CPS, because it's BS that nothing is being done. She went on to state she wants to give me custody of our daughter and let me have the other two on the weekends that she is getting tired of having to shoulder the full responsibility of them and she asked me about child support, she claimed she is going to have to quit her job to be able to care for the kids now that her husband is going back on the road and I got text message proof she is leaving the state. She actually left the state over the weekend, , I am assuming she came back today for work.